Brent Amacker's

Brent Amacker's
A Slightly Different Perspective

Friday, September 5, 2008

This Week's College Football Picks



Okay, I had a pretty good opening weekend, with only Mississipi State and tennessee messing up my record! I didn't get to see the Bulldogs play since they were on opposite Our Guys, so hopefully they can pull it together. I had mixed emotions about the vols' trip to LA, as it's always hard to root for anything orange. I had hoped the SEC would make a strong showing, but they bellied-up and stunk up the joint. I must admit it IS satisfying to watch fulmer squirm.

On to this week's picks:

Georgia will whip Central Michigan (and they better win big or they could drop even further in the biased liberal-media polls): 45-14

Ole Miss should handle Wake Forest on the road: 21-7

Kentucky lights it up against Norfolk State: 48-17

Arkansas improves against Louisiana-Monroe: 24-14

Mississippi State edges SE Louisiana: 10-3

Florida will embarass the over-rated Miami: 44-24

auburn wins over Southern Miss: 34-10

This brings me to this week's game: We'll see how Coach Saban keeps the players grounded and focused after last week. If my guess is correct, The Tide should continue to roll, and more players will see action this week and next as Bama prepares for the brutal SEC slate starting in two weeks.

ALABAMA 45, Tulane 7

LSU's home game with Troy has been postponed until November 15

tennessee is luckily idle

No comments:

BRENTOONS Media

BRENTOONS Media
Brentoons Media