Brent Amacker's

Brent Amacker's
A Slightly Different Perspective

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Goodbye, Gretchen!

Sadly, I had to say goodbye to a long-time partner.


The debacle that is the Michael Vick dog-fighting episode is so tragic on so many levels, and I thought I had seen and heard it all.
Then I saw this:

ANYthing that has comic or cartoon dogs is funny to me. And I need cheering up, since I had to put my 2nd best friend (after my beautiful wife Alice) Gretchen down yesterday. Gretchen was a 13-year-old Doberman we had since she was a puppy.
She was hard-headed, loyal, and a beautiful specimen. Not built like the standard vision of the breed, she had a square jaw, a thick neck, and muscular build. She loved attention, and petting-- especially from little kids. A lover of beer, she also had an affinity for spicy food. And cedar siding.
She kept the Democrats out of the yard. Heck, at our previous residence, the meter-readers stood in the neighbor's yard with binoculars..! Her long-time companion Fifi (also a Dobie) is almost as sad as I am.
I'm sure she's chasing squirrels and opposum up in 'doggie heaven'.

No comments:

BRENTOONS Media

BRENTOONS Media
Brentoons Media