Brent Amacker's

Brent Amacker's
A Slightly Different Perspective

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Treat 'BLAST From the PAST'

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving holiday. For your viewing enjoyment, I am posting 20-yr-old photos of the beginnings of an impromptu wall mural that I rendered on an apartment wall that I shared with my sisters Gwen and Kay. It 'seemed' like a good idea after a long day/night of working and after-hour indulgence:


My sister Gwen thought it would be funny to capture her inebriated brother in action, and at a later date snapped a pic of Bill Horn and me posing in front after several other additions.

Yes, I know. It's a 'mullett'. But, in my defense, everyone had one in 1987, so live with it.
If you look just above Billy and to the right, you will see a caricature of him, arms out-stretched, in a Mickey Mouse shirt. Several other caricatures are visible, including one of the artist (me) peeking out from behind a tree. Various cartoon characters and friends are also scattered throughout, including Richard Nixon, Dan Povenmire, Max Headroom, Calvin & Hobbes, and others.

Interestingly enough, when we went to move out of this apartment I knew I had to paint over the scribbles. So, I did. I slathered it thoroughly with two coats of white paint, covering the wall entirely. Mural gone, no problem.
Except that when I woke up the next day, IT WAS BACK! The mural had re-appeared, bleeding through the newly-applied interior latex! We thought the wall was possessed, even considered calling a priest or theologian. I repeated the process, with the same results. I finally sealed the wall with clear enamel, THEN painted it.
That time, it was really gone. Covered for good.

No comments:

BRENTOONS Media

BRENTOONS Media
Brentoons Media