Brent Amacker's

Brent Amacker's
A Slightly Different Perspective

Thursday, May 28, 2009

OUCH! You're Breakin' My Heart...!

It sucks to get old. (I'm 45 years old, you know...) As I type this, I am sitting (uncomfortably, I might add) here in pain due to a sciatic nerve/swollen disc issue.
I apparently twisted my back and pinched a nerve when I leaned over to pick up a geriatric one-pound Yorkshire terrier while visiting my cousin Danny last weekend. Now my back, butt, hips and EVERYTHING hurts. I absolutely HATE going to the doctor, but I had to. Ibuprofen and aspirin just weren't doing the trick.
And the doctor said the nerves and muscles and surrounding areas were pretty swollen. He said he was surprised I was able to get over to his office and walk around unassisted. He said I had probably injured myself before, but the dog incident just aggravated the condition.
So, I am off of work for a few days. At least I can get some drawing done in the short periods when I can sit comfortably.....

No comments:

BRENTOONS Media

BRENTOONS Media
Brentoons Media