Brent Amacker's

Brent Amacker's
A Slightly Different Perspective

Friday, June 12, 2009

Todd Palin Should Kick Letterman's Ass!

Okay. I consider myself an irreverant humorist. Many of the things that I find funny may be un-funny to others, offensive or tasteless to some, and unfathomable to most.
I understand the constitutional 'right' to freedom of speech, and how 'parody' and 'topical humor' are a comedian's bread and butter. I also understand the concept of admitting mistakes and/or the 'consequences of my actions'. Talk-show host David Letterman made a joke referring to former VP candidate Gov. Sarah Palin and her 14-yr-old daughter attending a Yankees game, and the joke involved the daughter engaging in sex with a Yankee player.
Letterman erroneously assumed that he was referring to the OLDER daughter, and when informed of the inaccuracy never apologized, but repeated the joke and went further by suggesting that everyone KNEW he meant the older daughter (Even though the elder daughter was never in attendance!). He was very condescending (in a girly, whiny Bill Maher way). He then invited Gov. Palin and her husband to come on the show. I think they should, and I think Todd Palin should punch the whiny, liberal Letterman in the face.
Admittedly, I thought Letterman was funny 25 years ago. Either I grew up, or sobered up. It's no wonder Jay Leno consistently beat him in the ratings. Letterman's low-brow, self-effacing persona only works when it's funny. On everything else, the liberal, leftist bullshit is only appealing to the liberal leftists.

No comments:

BRENTOONS Media

BRENTOONS Media
Brentoons Media