Brent Amacker's

Brent Amacker's
A Slightly Different Perspective

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do I Speak In a Foreign Language?

People today are basically idiots. Noone listens to anyone else. Nearly everyone assumes they know what I am going to say. Hardly anyone possesses any common courtesy anymore. (Don't even get me started on the piss-poor driving in this town. That's a whole 'nother blog entry!)
For instance, a man comes into the auto parts store the other day and asks for a clutch kit (consisting of pressure plate, disc, and release bearing) for a 1982 truck. These are the parts in a manual transmission that help engage the flywheel and shift gears. Since this is a pretty old vehicle, and for the sake of accuracy, I was obliged to ask if this was the original engine and transmission. The man stated "Yes." I sold him his parts and went on about my business, helping other customers and such.
A few hours later the man returns in a huff, slams the now-grimy new parts on the counter, and begins to rant about how I 'gave him the wrong parts'. I apologized, calmly looked the parts up again, acheving the same results. I asked him again "Are you sure this is the original engine and transmission?"
After a brief pause, he replies "Well, yeah, it's one that I put in there....!"

How was your day.....?
I will have to call Uncle Henry about this one.......

No comments:

BRENTOONS Media

BRENTOONS Media
Brentoons Media